Before the Road Trip
- Calculate Gas Costs: Using a website like AAA's Gas Calculator, will help you estimate how much a round-trip journey to your destination will cost and how to plan pit stops accordingly. This will also serve as an aid in setting your budget for your road trip, saving you both time and money!
- Purchase a Car Charger: This may seem like a no-brainer, and you may already own one, but purchasing a car charger can keep you prepared in the event of an emergency. You can also use it to recharge any forms of entertainment that run low on battery for your passengers, too.
- Create a Car Caddy: To make things easier on yourself, create a car caddy before you leave! This will keep all of your things organized and easily accessible at any time.
- Have Your Vehicle Inspected: Traveling long distances can take a toll on your vehicle, especially if you haven't had your oil changed or tires rotated recently. Schedule an appointment with us to have your vehicle looked at before you hit the road to make sure it's good to go!
During the Road Trip
- Make a Great Playlist: Have everyone pick 5-10 songs they'd like to hear on the drive and build a playlist full of everyone's musical tastes. You can even listen to it after the road trip to remember all the fun you had!
- Keep an Open Agenda: Write down a list of destinations you'd like to visit on your road trip, but don't be afraid to stray away from your initial plan! The best road trips are the ones that never go according to plan. Plus, taking a detour can lead to unexpected fun!
- Create a List of Games: Get a pen and paper and jot down some road trip games for everyone to enjoy! You could play hangman, roadside bingo, 20 questions, or other games to keep everyone occupied and entertained.
- Pack a Lot of Snacks: To minimize pit stops, save some extra cash, and reduce rumbling stomachs, load your vehicle up with plenty of snacks to keep your passengers full and happy!
After the Road Trip
- Create a Photo Album: Don't forget to take plenty of pictures (after all, a picture is worth a thousand words). Once you get back, develop all the photos you took and put them in a nice photo album for everyone to enjoy!
- Keep a Journal: Document every day of the journey so that you can relive every moment when you get back. You can even include postcards of destinations you stopped at, photos, and more for a personal and creative touch.
- Make Different Stops: While you're driving home, instead of stopping at the same locations you did when you made your journey to your destination, take a different route or stop off somewhere else!
- Unpack As Soon As Possible: The longer you leave your luggage unpacked, the more likely you are to procrastinate. Getting it done right away will make things easier and save you the trouble of dealing with it all later.
Turn your road trip from painful to painless with this handy guide! You'll be able to enjoy more time on vacation, save some extra money, and keep distractions to a minimum while you drive. Knowing how to make the most out of your road trip will make driving less of a chore and more of a fun experience for both you and your passengers. Many people believe that it's the journey and not the destination that makes road trips so worthwhile. Now that you're prepared, you can enjoy the journey just as much as anyone else! Make sure you get your vehicle inspected before you leave to make sure it's good to go for your trip, no matter how far away it may be. Don't forget to check out our summer car care tips as well to make sure your car is ready to hit the road!
At Serra of Traverse City, we’re happy to offer you the best dealership experience in the Cherry Capital area. You can find the latest selection of Audi, Nissan, Toyota, VW, and Volvo vehicles at our North Campus location at 1301 S Garfield Ave, Traverse City, MI. If you’re looking for the newest Cadillac and Subaru inventory, or our Collision Center, our South Campus is located at 1747 S Garfield Ave, Traverse City, MI 49686. Our used vehicles and certified pre-owned headquarters is just across the street.
Website: http://www.serratraversecity.comFollow us on: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Serra Cadillac Subaru Google+, Serra Nissan Volvo Google+, Serra Audi Toyota VW Google+, Serra Toyota Google+, Collision Center Google+, and YouTube